2019 Dolphin Swim Team Information
Dolphin Swim Team contact info:
- Assistant Director: Caitlin Astle
Interested Fort Johnson Dolphin Swim Team Members…
- Registration for the 2019 swim season is underway. Returning members have been notified and previous waitlist swimmers contacted. We are now opening up the registration to FJE Civic Club and FJ Estates members and residents. This window will close on April 14th and at that time any remaining spots will be offered to those outside of the immediate neighborhood.
- The FJ Dolphins have been a part of the neighborhood for 50+ years and during this time it has been filled with members from both in and outside the neighborhood. Please find pertinent information for registration listed below and feel free to contact either Krissy Wissel or Caitlin Astle with any further questions or concerns. (numbers listed above)
- Registration Fee $115 per swimmer. This covers the costs of team t-shirts, coaches fees, City Meet fees, supplying the snack bar and more. There is a $5 increase in the fee this year in order to cover the per swimmer cost for the new timing system.
- Swimmer Requirement -- All swimmers, regardless of age group, will be required to demonstrate the ability to swim the length of the pool unassisted. Practice times are limited and do not allow for early beginner instruction.
- Team Suits for Meets -- SOLID NAVY BLUE (not brand specific)
One-piece for girls. Boys can wear jammers or racers-whichever they are most comfortable in.
A few locations where you may find what you are looking for:
Time Out Sport Swim Shop, 675-A Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Mt. Pleasant
Dicks Sporting Goods
- Family Volunteer Commitment -- The FJ Dolphin Swim Team is mainly made up of parent volunteers. We need people to volunteer in the snack bar, to shephard swimmers at meets, to help with set up and clean up, to be timers, stroke judges and starters. The commitment we require is that each family sign up for at least 3 of the 8 Meets.
Practice Dates & Times:
- Practice will begin during the week of May 6th afterschool and will change to a rotating schedule once swimmers have completed the school year.
5-5:45pm (8 & Under)
5:45-6:45 (9/10 and 11/12)
6:30-7:30pm (13/14 and 15/up)
Home Swim Meet Dates:
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings beginning June 6th (Specific dates TBA)
- We generally have 4 home meets and 4 away meets.
- The Dolphins participate in the City Meet which will be held July 12th-14th
Click the links below to download our 2019 Information Page and Registration Form...
Fort Johnson Dolphins 2019 Info Page
Fort Johnson Dolphins 2019 Registration Form